Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Time!

I think Spring is my favorite time of year. I love the warmer days and the spring showers. I may be called crazy, but I actually like the variety of weather during the spring. In the past few weeks, we have had warm (70's) days, several rainy days, and even woke up to 4 inches of snow one morning! It has been fun!
I also love getting outside and letting my kids play outside more. I love our neighborhood and hearing all of the children playing outside after school. Often there are neighborhood children that come play or my children will go to their homes. I LOVE hearing happy children laughing and playing together.
One of my favorite things about Spring are also the flowers. I love daffodils. They remind me of England and that warmer weather is on it's way. This year we even have tulips. In the past two years, the deer have eaten them before they could bloom. But this year, I put deer repellent on them. It is so nice to see them in bloom right now. I also love dandelions. I know most people view them as weeds, but I love when my children bring me them and say "Here is a flower for you, Mom." Nothing is more sweeter to me!
I also love to get out and walk as the weather warms up. I started to walk to school with our Extraordinary Boy last fall. I missed about 2 months during the winter and I missed it a lot. Now as long as the weather is nice, we walk to school. It is all down hill on the way there. Then it is all up hill on the way back! When pushing a stroller with 1 or 2 children in it, coming back is quite the workout. I may not go very fast, but man, I'm sweating by the time I get home. I started walking just to help him get in the habit and also to be able to get out and enjoy the fresh air. I had quite a bit of weight to lose and thought, "This might help me lose it." To date, I have lost 30 lbs! That has been since September. I know that I could get out a little bit more often - either to the gym or walking to school - but I have to say that I am happy for the weight I have lost. It is nice to have my pants too big in stead of too small on me :) I still have some more weight to lose and it might not come off very fast, but at least it is coming off.

No comments:

Post a Comment