Saturday, September 15, 2012

Book Review: Forever, Erma

The book that I read this month was "Forever, Erma". My friend recommended this book to me. It was a wonderful read. It is a collection of Erma Bombeck's columns. I think I enjoyed this book so much because of the of the real life things she shared in a humorous way. There are many parts that are laugh out loud funny and even a few the will bring tears to your eyes.
The most interesting thing that I found with this book was that time doesn't really change that many things. Her columns spanned from the 1960's through 1996. I find it interesting that things like ironing or raising children or doing housework hasn't really changed that much. The things she wrote about then are still applicable (if not more so) now. This is a delightful book that should be found in every home.

No comments:

Post a Comment