Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Sleeping well

When we got married we bought a mattress and a bed frame. It lasted us almost 13 years. The bed frame was in good shape (it was a hand made, log bed) but the mattress had seen better days and needed to be replaced. We also decided to up grade to a king size bed from a queen.

So began the search for the right mattress for us. My husband is amazing at doing research (actually he's just plain amazing!) for products that we are interested in. So he did most of the research. After all was said and done, it came down to three mattresses - the Casper, the Purple, and the Intellibed. 
Casper and Purple are both online companies and we were hesitant to buy without trying. (Although they did have a return policy). So we decided to go to an Intellibed store and try that one first.
From the minute we laid down on the bed, I knew that I would have a hard time not buying the bed. we tried the various levels of beds and learned more about the company. After we walked out of the store, my husband and I talked about our experience and both agreed that we had found the right bed for us. We have now had it for over a year and both still agree that it is one of the best purchases that we have ever made. 

Here is what we love about the bed: 
It's non toxic.  All mattresses are required to have a fire wall around them. These fire walls are not regulated and the majority of mattress options have chemicals in their firewalls. Intellibeds are non toxic, meaning there are NO toxins in your mattress or in the fire wall that surrounds it. 
Firm yet soft.  These mattresses are firm, yet very soft. Your body is well supported and yet it is very comfortable to sleep on. 
Small Movement -  We chose the "Sapphire" from the Legacy Collection. I cannot feel my husband when he moves in the bed. We have talked about how nice it is to not feel when the other person is tossing and turning. 
Amazing Warranty - The Intellibed has a warranty for 20 years! If it sinks more than 3/4 of an inch during that time, they will repair it or replace it for free! Even if it is year 19! They don't prorate the warranty, it's good for all 20 years.
Customer Service - They are just amazing. Whenever I contact them, they are kind, considerate, and easy to work with. 

This bed is SO amazing! Even when I get very little sleep or am up a lot in the night with my children, I still feel so good when I wake up! (Maybe still sleepy, but my body feels good). I recently slept on my daughter's bed for a good portion of the night. It's a basic mattress on a twin size bed. I woke up and my hips and back were aching. I was sooo happy to get back into my own bed. LOL.
We also purchased a adjustable base with our bed. (Actually, the promotion was that we got the base for free). We LOVE the base! It not only adjusts, but it also vibrates on several different settings. That was such a blessing when I was pregnant with our last baby. I would lay on it each day and get a massage! The base also has the same warranty as the bed. 

Intellibeds are more expensive upfront, however, when you factor in the warranty and how well you will sleep on it, we feel like it was well worth the investment! So if you are looking for a new mattress, check out Intellibed and see if it's right for you. They often will have various promotions throughout the year. We bought ours around Christmas and they had the base for free. In the spring, they usually have a demo bed sale.
This is not a paid review and I did not get compensated for it. I just wanted to share what we have LOVED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment