Thursday, February 25, 2021

Family History Baseball Cards - Back


 The back of the cards can be personalized and made how you want. I simply included the following items:

1. Their name (matches the front) 

2. Fun facts or short stories about the person. I wanted them to give a glimpse of who the person really was and what they were like. This is in hopes that they will want to learn more about them and search out their histories. 

Sometimes getting stories are tricky some resources that I have found helpful are:

    a. Memories from living relatives. I don't remember very many of        my grandparents, but I asked my siblings, cousins, and parents for        information about them. If there is not a history about the person,        consider writing down the info you learn as part of a history. 

    b. Look for oral or written histories. I found that each of my                grandparents had a written history. Some were more detailed than others, but they were good starting        points. I found a cassette tape with my grandmother telling her history on it. That was a priceless                treasure find!

    c. Read their children's histories or their parents histories. If you don't have a lot of information about         an individual, search both their descendants and their ancestors for histories that may mention them.         It's amazing what you can find out about some one through these finds. 

    d. Look in local histories. I was able to find some info about my great-grandparents in histories that        were written about the settling of the community. They happened to be a part of it so I was able to               find them. 

3. Optional - You could also include a family picture of their spouse and posterity. I tried this a few times but found that I would rather have the stories vs. the photo. 

I hope that this helps you as you put together these amazing treasures that your family will love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment